View Single Post
I agree.

Especially because I use backup software (retrospect) to back up my user. I will always back up my documents, because I think of that folder as... my own personal stuff.

I get bugged when applications, and there are a lot of them, write data into my documents folder that has nothing to do with my data.

And I get bugged when applications hide my personal data in the library folder where all the other application data is.

I've lost some personal data when my computer has crashed and I had mistakenly forgot to backup the library.

On the same note, Apple stores all my mail messages in the library. Why? It's my mail messages, why doesn't it put it in the documents folder?
And safari bookmarks, and the address book, and iCal? All of that goes into the library as well.

Maybe because the data is supposed to only be accessed by the mail application. And documents are documents that I have created in something like TextEdit and saved to documents? It's difficult for me to drawn the line there... but Omni is not the only company that saves data in the Library. Apple does it more than anyone. And Omni is just following suit.