View Single Post
I'm a small business owner that needs something powerful like OmniFocus! But I'm not sure if it's right for me.

I only learned about the Omnigroup's products today... and I'm impressed/stunned. For the past 3 years I've been using a discontinued PIM named Dossier that actually seems to have used some of the Omnigroup's code!

Anyway, I used Dossier for a long while but now my life has more data and more tasks than ever before-- and the program can't keep up. I primarily use it for to-do lists and notes.

OmniFocus seems to have the to-do lists down solid-- but what about notes? Sometimes I'll be working on a Project and just want to "braindump" a bunch of ideas...things that don't need to get done but are just documents-- like a journal entry or a project proposal.

Should I solely rely on OmniFocus for to-do lists and a PIM like DevonThink (or my defunct Dossier) for notes? For me these two things are really linked right now--maybe they shouldn't be?

Curious to hear what people have done in the past-- this forum seems quite vibrant, so I look forward to hearing from you guys! Honestly, I'm stunned at OmniFocuses features... can't wait to start using it.

-jason