View Single Post
Bookmark syncing in Omniweb is broken. I have reported it before and it has been discussed here. I think it is a question of priorities, but the issue seems always to be pushed to the bottom of the list.

What you describe regularly happens - changes you make to your bookmarks are overwritten by an older set. I don't understand it - Firefox has an extension called FoxMarks which synchronises bookmarks in real time across multiple machines running any OS. It works perfectly. I suggested that the Omniweb guys take a look at it.

If you have either .Mac or some other WebDAV facility, the surest way to sync Omniweb bookmarks is to normally leave syncing switched off in OW preferences. Then, when you make a change to your bookmarks, switch on the syncing. OW will ask if you want to use your local or remote bookmarks. Choose local and your bookmarks will be uploaded to the remote server. Then switch off syncing. On your other Macs, do the same thing but elect to use the remote bookmarks. Switch syncing off again.

It is a pain, but this method works, as long as you remember to invoke syncing yourself when you need to.