View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonng View Post

I carry a separate digital camera even though my cellphone has a decent camera on it. I also carry my iPod touch because I'm not interested in an iPhone either.

The iPod touch was created for folks who don't want to buy a cellphone/data plan with an iPhone.

I also carry my iPad in a messenger bag. It's just so slim that it doesn't even bother me.

Besides, you can also take advantage of the app store and get free apps as well as many very affordable apps to go along with OmniFocus. Your iPod touch or iPad will become an awesome multi-functional device.

My iPod touch and iPad are probably the best investment I ever made.
I do have an ipod touch and that was my solution so far but I wanted to minimize the number of devices I have to carry with me (notebook, ipad, ipod touch telephone, what else?....) The camera comparison is bogus. I carry a camera because it takes good pictures. Not just any pictures. So Notebook + smartphone is a good combination, in my opinion, besides it reduces the number of cables and chargers I need to carry: laptop charger + one microUSB which works both for the smartphone and for the backup HD ;).

I doubt that making an equivalent for android of the ipod version of omnifocus is so hard. Even a more primitive version would be welcome for that matters: an inbox and an errands context would already be great (anywhere else I can --almost-- safely assume I have my mac available) so I can drop smth on the inbox in case it comes to my mind and I can check the errand list when I am off to something.

Last edited by il_freddy; 2011-03-04 at 04:41 AM..