View Single Post
I agree - it would be great to be able to see some sort of calendar view of a project, but I would keep it really simple and link to Plan if more of that kind of power is needed. I'd like to think of Plan as the full project managment solution, and Focus as the task/personal solution.

My caution comes from having looked at many project management apps - hoping to use them for my GTD system. There is usually way too much overhead to use them fluidly. Gantt charts, work time estimates, resource scheduling - those are all the kinds of things that a big project needs, but not the 95% of projects (especially if "project" is defined as ">1 task") that I work on.

Though having said that - it would be very nice to have a couple simple fields to estimate time. I too would like to be able to plan my day by easily seeing the amount of time I imagine my tasks will take. It would also be great to be able to compare my estimates to how much time I actually took. I'm always underestimating time - and that might help me fine tune.