View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
We typically don't pre-announce anything about pricing (because we don't decide on it until we know what we've built!), but I will say that anyone purchasing OmniOutliner 3 at this point will receive a free upgrade to OmniOutliner 4 (whether they purchase through our online store or the App Store).
I'm slightly confused... You've said recently that MAS customers would get a discounted price, but not free. Yet, two years ago, you said free. So, if you don't mind, can you clarify? I was considering buying OO, but, I really prefer MAS licenses (and, I'm careful to buy iTunes credits when best buy and/or Sam's club offers them at 20% discounts, so, it's that much cheaper for me to buy from the MAS :) )..... But, obviously, I don't want to lose out on the free upgrade either!

One other thing I noticed, you first offered OO3 on the MAS January 7... Why not just do a normal upgrade to v4 for *all* MAS customers? It's only a few months difference, and, given you're planning on offering upgrades for everyone who bought within the last two years or so, a few months can't make that much of a difference.. And, it would GREATLY simplify the ability of MAS customers to get the software upgrade with as little resistance as possible.