View Single Post
Nope, I'm doing this on my MacBook (Core 2 Duo, late 2006 vintage). You must be doing it wrong :-)

I just created a fresh account and loaded every last plug-in listed. I did get QS to stumble, but found a way that didn't have any problems.

1) remove both Library/Application Support/Quicksilver and Library/Preferences/com.blacktree.Quicksilver.plist
2) launch Quicksilver
3) don't load any of the plug-ins when offered, just complete the startup dialog
4) bring up the Quicksilver interface, and select Plug-ins from the gear menu
5) select All Plug-ins
6) methodically go through and check off the plug-ins you want, one at a time, waiting for each one to load before going on to the next. If it says some features won't be available until you restart, politely decline and go on choosing plug-ins.
7) when you've picked all of your desired plug-ins, go to the Preferences pane and turn on advanced features if you want them.

I can't guarantee it will work for you, but it works for me. When I tried to install multiple plug-ins simultaneously, I often had Quicksilver get stuck part of the way through. Once it got messed up, I had to delete all of the associated files in Library to get it working properly.