View Single Post
I am pretty smug about this..

Its a work around the fact that on the iPhone version of OF there is presently no way to move an email into OF with one of the nice 'link to original' links - so when you are back at your home Mac you can re open it back in Mac Mail with one click..

It's also an "inbox zero" methodology helper tool..

Its working for me and I wonder if it will help anyone else or if there is a better way...?

ON YOUR MAC

Step 1: You must be using IMAP email

Step 2: On the Mac - create folder in the IMAP email account named "*Omnifocus" (the * will keep the folder at the top of the folder list)
Step 3: On Mac Mail - create a Smart Mailbox, name it "Action or STOF" (send to Omnifocus) create rules for it to pull in the following emails, all unread, all emails in folder *omnifocus, no trash, no junk) Put this folder uppermost on the left collum of mail accounts.

NOTE: You will now look at this smart mailbox most of the time and will be using your in box(s) as archive only.

Mac operation: With this Smart Mailbox - Look at unread mail - either action it or 'send to OF" . Dont look at the in box - that is now "The Matrix" - yes you can look into The Matrix and scare yourself once in a while but try to spend all your time just clearing the smart mailbox down to zero and then go hang out in Omnifocus more often (full time).

ON YOUR IPHONE

How to 'do some worthwhile OF / email work on the iPhone'.
Either respond to email from iPhone
OR - move emails to the *omnifocus folder for later processing

OK - its not a FULL processing - but when you get back home to your mac. You will only see

NEW / unread emails
And al the *Omnifocus emails you have pre sorted

Either process those - or quickly file into OF

WHY THIS IS USEFUL?

It allows some pre sorting to be done on the iPhone
You wont ever have to look at emails you have dealt with again
You can quickly (hopefully) get everything processed and then LEAVE Mac Mail and go work in OF.

I operate 4 IMAP email accounts - each has an *omnifocus folder so this works for multiple email accounts on an Iphone..

OPERATIONAL TIP on Mac:
Once you have read emails - if you toggle away from the Smart Mailbox and back again - all read emails will vanish from sight!

Do you ever look in the inbox "Matrix"
Of course! But not very often!

This method is a helper tools to allow you to stop living in your inbox and to live more in Omnifocus.

Works for me!

:D

Give it a try..

Anyone doing this already?

Last edited by Casper TFG; 2010-04-09 at 03:43 PM..