View Single Post
First, let me say that I'm a fan of your products and am really excited about OF. I know that it's going to be great and appreciate the chance to see a rough draft. I also reserve the right to rescind any comment I make based on future screenshots/previews.

For myself, the biggest shortcoming of the iPhone version is the awkward way in which one has to conduct weekly reviews. On the other hand, I love the desktop interface for reviews. I review exclusively on the desktop and that's no problem. I do, however, feel that being able to leave the laptop at home and conduct a desktop-style review on my iPad sitting on the patio at my local coffee shop would be dreamy.

It seems like you've simply "unstacked" the first couple of screens from the iPhone version meaning it feels much closer to that than the desktop. I'd love to see an interface where the items that are currently situated in the left frame appear as icons across the top or maybe in keeping with the developing iPad design aesthetic, along the bottom. The left and right frames could then function more like the desktop version.

The other interface quality I love about the desktop is drag and drop processing of inbox items. I still struggle to remember how to turn an inbox item into a new project in the iPhone edition.

Perhaps there are programing reasons these aren't possible and I defer to you all on this.

In terms of aesthetics, I'd like a little color in the icons. Subtle and muted, not really popping and loud.

Side note: I can't proof read this because the text entry box doesn't scroll on my iPad.

Last edited by TripleM; 2010-06-01 at 03:30 PM..