View Single Post
For several years, with great success, I am now using OmniFocus for my job, handling 500+ to do items nicely outlined in projects and contexts -- it's a fantastic tool. Thanks to you for making it!

Now also equipped with an iPhone, I really miss a simple sync between Mac and iPhone. My expectation was the default iTunes sync would handle this: Sync your iPhone and you're done.

I've set up a WebDAV on my Mac, but that doesn't cut it, because the Mac is behind a security appliance (Firewall), while the AirPort Express is outside of it. As it's a Mac Pro, it also doesn't have an Airport card installed (Our security policies also don't allow any computer in the office to have WiFi anyway).

Isn't there any possibility, at least theoretically, to integrate the sync with the iTunes default sync mechanism? I mean, as it works for iCal, it should also be doable for OmniFocus?

I would guess that 80% of the OmniFocus users might want to sync with their iPhone this way, if they do not need a many-to-many sync or mobile sync that requires a server.

Any chance?

Andre