View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypotyposis View Post
I'm using the app for very specific stuff (I tried doing daily/weekly reviews on it, but it's not to my personal liking) which doesn't really need that much more than the iPhone. For really quick entry and/or long entry, I actually use a small notepad that I carry in a "GTD wallet" all the time. I dump all the notes in my physical inbox and enter them when I'm at home, directly on my Mac.
I think this is the key to why our expectations for the iPad version are so different. I use the iPhone version heavily. I use it to add notes to existing tasks, add new tasks, mark tasks completed, and to review. It sounds like your primary usage is just to mark tasks completed. If I spent that little time in the iPhone app then maybe I would be OK with the pixelated version.

As it stands now, the iPhone app has all the functionality I need. I'm not looking for OG to reinvent my workflow or provide any functionality beyond the desktop version. That's why a universal version of the iPhone app would work well for me.

However, as it stands now I'll have to spend more money to not have to look at an ugly version and deal with the frustration of OG setting expectations and not meeting them.

I didn't have any interest in purchasing an iPad until I read the "iPad or Bust" blog entry and saw that OG had already released OmniGraffle for the iPad. The blog stated that they began working on both as soon as the SDK was made available. I thought, "OK Graffle is already out, OF must be right around the corner. I can wait a couple of weeks for it". I had no idea that my couple of weeks would turn into several months.

I'm done now. Venting over. ;)