View Single Post
I agree with whpalmer. I also don't feel that OG had been setting expectations for a universal version of OF iPhone. The expectations OG has set for me relate to a very different OF experience on the iPad, and I trust that they will deliver.
As regards time frames, when making decisions about re-evaluating my system back when they announced the iPad versions (the post you refer to), I emailed them to ask how reasonable it would be to expect their apps by ... And they were very straightforward in their answer, indicating the plans but saying that those were goals they were hoping to meet but that without the actual platform to develop on yet, they were also expecting that it might take longer than they were hoping. I feel that the only promise that OG has made is that they are going to port all of their apps to iPad, eventually. And again, OmniGraphSketcher and OmniGraffle iPad make me trust in this promise.
I also personally think that there is little point in making an app for the ipad that doesn't take advantage of its specificity. I am indeed waiting for Omni to reinvent my workflow; if it's not what OF iPad does, or indeed what any iPad app does, I would have just bought a notebook or a macbook air...