View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iver-c View Post
Hello,

I have been searching for a Mac program that could help manage multiple resources tied to multiple projects in an architectural office.

We have 20 employees and typically over 60 concurrent jobs in progress.

I had basically given up looking, and was using two excel sheets, manually correlating the time between resources and projects. Then I came across Omniplan, purchased v1.2 ond upgraded to Beta 1.5 and have tried it for a couple of weeks on my Intel Powerbook.

I have created a task for each project, using subtasks for each phase and assigned the resources, using percentages for long term tasks requiring continuing attention.

By moving between task and resource view I can see if a resource is overtaxed and make adjustments to resource allocation and timelines as necessary.

This worked very well at first, and the graphic presentation made it simple to communicate the plan to the employees.

But as I gradually add the projects, now up to 60, and each with 3-10 fases the program is becoming very slow. I realize that what I have been doing is creating complicated relational mathematical computations, at an exponential rate, and that Omniplan was perhaps not conceived to do this....

any advice?
I gave up waiting for help and went back to version 1.2. The speed issue disappeared, so there must be a problem with the beta that slows it down with a large number of projects/resources.

If you have big plans, donīt use the Beta!

Iver