View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay6821 View Post
So I'm sitting in my hotel room bored, after a day long business meeting, when I discovered a new task management application. 2Do in the Mac app store now has a desk top version and after playing around with a trial version tonight, there is a lot to like!

OmniFocus 2.0 can't come soon enough, the competition has some great features. I'm not quite ready to move all my info into a new system, but there is a new kid on the block.
Yes... Looking at the layout of 2Do I can see how old the current OF layout feels. I have little doubt that the good folks from Omnigroup have fun stuff in store for us, but let me stress an important expectation, in case it is not forthcoming: better functionality around Perspectives and Tagging. At this juncture of the narrative I am resigned to the fact that OF will stick to the one context per task principle. Realistically speaking, this is often not workable. I very often need John to be a context, as well as WaitingFor (what are all the things that John owes me?), and no, neither can be a project, because I actually use projects for, well, projects. So, like many other people out there, I created a tagging convention, where I generate tags by inserting them into the text of tasks, and then have Perspectives based on the searches.

That works quite well, except that I have limited functionality around my list of perspectives. What I think makes a great deal of sense is to have a Perspective explorer (like the Project and Context explorers), where I could have a perspective tree, with perspective folders, etc.

And please - tags! It would make life so much easier and happier if I could have tags that I can include in searches to organize my tasks. And if these tags can sync/be imported from MailTags, that would be a major, major bonus.

Just my two groschen...