View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shine. View Post
I know that OmniFocus allows us to take pics and recordings for reference, but does it also allow you to have Contacts for reference? So selecting their name would bring me to their contact information so i could send them an email, or call them up.
Right now, you can put a phone number in the note for an action, and tapping on it will dial that number. You can also put a mailto: link with an email address into a note, and tapping on it will compose an email. There is no means at the moment for linking directly to an address book contact that I have seen. Of course, with iPhone OS 3.0, you can use the global search feature to pull up a contact by copying the name from the note and pasting into the search field....

Quote:
Is it easy to look at notes, and do they support clickable URLs, such as Things?
Yes, notes are just a tap away from the actions. They do support clickable URLs.
Quote:
I'm going to University next year, and so i was wondering if it'll be useful for me. How can I use it to its fullest potential? I'll be very active in the community and will have lots of assignments, readings, lectures etc to do as well.
It could certainly help you stay organized, no question of that. I use it on both iPod and Mac, and I'm not entirely sure if I would be happy using it exclusively on the iPod/iPhone. Sometimes the small screen and lack of a keyboard where I can type as rapidly interferes, though given the alternative of using Windows, I'd count my blessings :) Your mileage may vary, as they say...

There have been some rumblings about making a web application that would allow people without access to Macs to manipulate their data, though no details on when such a thing might happen have come out. Maybe you'll see it before graduation, though I wouldn't make any plans that relied on it.

OmniFocus for iPhone 1.5 adds some crucial features (for the standalone user) that weren't present in earlier versions, such as the ability to set up repeating actions. Previously, it understood them, but they could only be created or their repeat functionality modified on the desktop client.

I'd say if you can afford the monthly costs of an iPhone, the price of OmniFocus for it is a low hurdle.

Have you watched the introductory videos on the OmniFocus product page and the 2 ScreenCastsOnline shows? They should give a good idea of what the program is like. It's unfortunate that the App Store doesn't allow demos for richly-featured programs like OmniFocus.