View Single Post
I agree. I've been playing with the hacked "iPad version" (iPhone version modified to fill the screen) and it is really only a little more useful than the iPhone version. It's definitely better, yes, but you still want to use the desktop.

iPhone apps tend to have a tree like structure with very deep leaves. You need to drill down before you can do something. OmniFocus on the desktop is very flat. At any point you can quickly manipulate many different things. It's a natural expectation given the screen size. The "iPad version (hacked)" is much nicer for viewing because you can see so much more, but it really isn't any better for editing. Marginally because of the keyboard, that's about it.

I would like to see a short-term official "big iPad version" like the hacked one, but unfortunately it's actually not that easy. If they made the iPhone version a "fat binary" for both, it would trick people with iPads into buying the wrong version. There is no upgrade path - no way to treat people who bought the iPhone version a discount on the iPad version.

So, yeah, keep up the great work. If OmniGroup ever offers a subscription plan, where I just give you money every month and I get to use all your apps, I'm in :)