View Single Post
Mark, I just successfully signed up for a free Swissdisk account in response to your posting. It took about 2 minutes from start to mounting the volume. Maybe your email provider is intercepting their messages? From what you've reported, and the experiences of myself and others, I don't see any more reason to believe the "unresponsive losers" hypothesis than the "overzealous spam filter" hypothesis as an explanation of your inability to communicate with them by email.

As for forgetting your password and not having the option to retrieve it, here's what it says on the customer support page:
Please note that we cannot give you your password. If you've forgotten it, you cannot access your storage space. As a last resort, you can request that we reset your password, so that you can login to your account. We can also erase and restore a new SwissDisk storage for you, but we can NOT retrieve your old files for you. Losing your password is as good as losing the combination to an unbreakable safe. There's nothing we can do to help you with this.
They provide encrypted storage, with an encryption key provided by you, so it's not too surprising that you can't get your data back if you lose your key...but from your description, you don't have any data to lose yet. Get your password reset and move on. I've had, and seen others have, difficulties of comparable magnitude with Omni and its products; surely you wouldn't suggest that we should have all immediately given up on them?

I have no affiliation with Swissdisk other than as an occasional user of their free service. It doesn't matter to me at all whether or not you use their service. I do think they may be getting an unfair swipe from you here.

I don't use 1passwd, but find that creating a password elsewhere (like Keychain Access), saving it in my secure password storage, and only then pasting it into the form to set up an account is a method less likely to result in being confronted with a password demand for which I don't have the correct answer.