View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by paland View Post
I'm struggling with one specific aspect of my OF layout - part of my job requires me to manage relationships with a number of other companies. I've got some regularly scheduled things with these companies (i.e. a quarterly business review) as well as normal projects. What I am struggling with is how to organize these in my Project View - at the moment I'm considering two different options
1 - A "Master Project" for partner with actions on those projects "linking" to a full project.
2 - A folder for each partner with the projects around that relationship being housed in the folder

I'm leaning towards #2 as it seems less complicated but something just doesn't rub me right about it and I can't put my finger on it.

Any suggestions?
Two interesting methods you can work with there.

Originally my OF was without folders at all...all 50+ projects just on the sidebar without categorization. But for months now have used folders, having one titled "School" another "Wealth" also "Health" and another "Love" just to name a few. This works wonders for me as these folders have folders within themselves. For example the "School" folder has folders inside of it each concerning a specific class and/or assignment. The same with the other folders. I've creat enough of these main folders, about 7 I believe that every project I create falls into one of these categories. This allows me to see OF in an uncluttered manner and perhaps this may be pure mental but feel I can accomplish more now that i'm looking at a sidebar with a long laundry list of projects to do.