View Single Post
John,

I have been struggling with this exact issue - probably because I am so used to using perspectives in the desktop app.

That said, I also think it is totally necessary to have some way to group and sort the actions. Within a "context," I think it makes sense to sort (by due or by project or by both). For example, if I am at the office and I look at my office context and had a quick preference to sort it. Likewise, if I am in one of the smart folders (i.e., due soon, overdue, flagged), I think it makes sense to be able to group them (by date or by project or by context).

This is on top of the wish list with the ability to turn actions into projects.

From an implementation standpoint, I could see a preference in the settings area for "Sorting Order" where you select an order of priority. A "mini" implementation of the view bar in OF for iPhone :)

Regardless, it would be extremely useful to mirror the hierarchy that is displayed in the Project Pane on OF desktop app. For example, if you had two folders: Professional and Personal, I would expect to see the Professional projects first and then the Personal.

Cheers.

Peter

Last edited by JPD123; 2008-07-14 at 01:14 PM.. Reason: mistyped