View Single Post
Omniweb is an outstanding web browser; however, it does not work properly with Microsoft Hotmail.

The first problem can be observed by logging into Hotmail, pulling up an email, then replying to that email. In the reply window, Omniweb *refuses* to pre-populate the address fields ("To:, Cc:, and Bcc"). So I end up manually copying and pasting the email addresses. This is a really big PIA.

The second problem can be observed by replying to a message (problem 1 will occur) then attaching a file to the response. After the attachment process, the page will lose its formatting. Specifically, all line feeds disappear and every line of text is compressed into a single dense paragraph. Again, manual reformatting is the only solution I have found. This is also a really big PIA.

These are major problems for me as I use Hotmail as my primary email service. As a result, I am firing up Flock so frequently to work around this problem that I am starting consider just using Flock exclusively. I don't want to stop using Omniweb, so *Please* tell me that there is a configuration option to resolve these problems, or that fixes are on the way.

By the way, Safari suffers from this problem as well.

Here are my Omniweb Build details:

Product: OmniWeb-5.5
Tag: OmniWeb-5.5.4-v607.17
Date: 2007-02-14 13:47:05 -0800
Builder: rachael
Host: tb104.private.omnigroup.com
Revision: 83898MS

Thx,

Dondi.

Last edited by Dondi; 2007-04-18 at 10:07 PM..