View Single Post
I followed the directions and got WebDav to work on 10.5. But to be honset, the Get Things Done method requires you have an "Instant way of capturing inbox items for later review". Now, this is 3x5 cards sadly for a person who is very automated and uses 2 laptops for work. Hence I jumped at Omnifocus for Iphone. Purchased an Iphone 3G just for the purpose of running OmniFocus despite the horrible 3G network on Wall Street, at NYSE where I work. (If it isn't good there, I don't expect it to be good many other places, and indeed most parts of the largest county in the US (Nassau county, you are in Edge mode).
The point is I am putting up with a lot of grief for Omnifocus instant capture to get rid of 3x5 cards. With my Macbook pro on DHCP, the IP changes every 4 hours at work. This means I have to update the IP on Iphone at least 2-3 times a day. It simply is poor.

This has nothing to do with Omnigroup and everything to do with poor communications support from Apple. WebDAV, Bounjour is no better.
One thing missing IMHO, from the apple ideology is "Security" and ease.
One think present is "Control". (Need I mention applications only available via appstore? or $40 nickle and fime you to death on 40 cent USB connector devices?).

How about building the sync in to itunes like many other things Apple? Because Apple does not play well with its software development supporters.
(Compare volume of Windows app's vs Mac, and Mac popularity is growing. If for little more, I regularly tell co-workers Windows XP pro runs faster on the Macbook/Pro than a native intel processor with parallels, and I explain why this is. Some boot up Mac OS and immediately go in to Win xP on Parallels and never see the Mac OS/X.

Lack of "going with the majority" causes more problems than it has to. Look at syncing a Mac ical with Outlook, or even Entourage. A nightmare when it don't have to be. All over "What is a category". Sorry for the rant, but I am beginning to feel that Steve Jobs is not that far off of those that say Bill Gates is evil with the MS empire. Steve Jobs is no angel either. I purchased this extra macbook, the Iphone 3G, support, nearly $4000 to run my GTD productivity application, and the applications are there. The hard part is syncing Omnifocus on a iphone with a Macbook. That is very sad, and I am about to toss in the towel, go back to a PC and use "VIP TEAM TO-DO List"
for $125.