View Single Post
I have updated this to Ver 1.7
  • The listing is slightly reorganized for better legibility
  • It now gives a warning that it requires OS X 10.6 (there are some differences in Sqlite SQL syntax between 10.5 and 10.6)
  • I have attempted to make it accessible to copies of OmniFocus purchased through the Mac App Store, which unfortunately have a variant bundle identifier and hence a variant cache path.

The attempt to enable AppStore customers to use it is experimental and untested, as I don't have an AppStore copy myself.

As a user who is not a developer, but has long had the semi-automatic reflex of sharing most of the scripts that I write for my own use, I have to say that attempting to adapt this script to make it equally accessible to App Store customers added real overheads of time and thought which frankly brought no compensating rewards - not even the satisfaction of feeling confident that it will work ...

(a slight feeling, in fact, of clearing up after somebody else's mess :-)

Very different from the situation when we had just one bundle identifier, and, barring OS X version differences, if something worked on my machine then I could feel reasonably confident that I could usefully and simply share it with most other OmniFocus users.

The conclusion I draw from this experiment is that while I am very happy to contribute to a general FAQ on the kinds of coding adjustments that AppStore customers will have to make for themselves, I don't feel that I can really justify the additional overhead of time and thought required to regularly attempt to write my scripts in ways that do their best to detect which version is being used, and add a related error-handling apparatus ...

Bottom line ... if you buy Omni products through the AppStore, the variant bundle identifiers which it bestows may be a source of some inconvenience ...

--

Last edited by RobTrew; 2011-06-30 at 10:16 AM..