View Single Post
So Brian's FAQ reads:

Quote:
In general, we'd recommend trying to keep the number of actions on your phone down below a thousand.
OK, that sounds acceptable. But I've been using OmniFocus on my MacBook Pro for close to a year now and I've built up quite a large number of projects and actions (especially considering the on hold single-action lists I use for tracking my someday/maybe items). I probably have somewhere around 1,600 actions, if not more. Fortunately, I have virtually no embedded attachments (all linked instead) and my database file is only about 320 KB.

(BTW, what is the best way to determine how many actions I have? Do I really have to count them manually every time?)

At first, I thought maybe OmniFocus for iPhone didn't sync on hold actions and that the 1,000 number meant only active actions. But I just realized that OmniFocus for iPhone can, indeed, display on hold and completed items. It's my whole database, which is really pretty cool!

But that still leaves me wondering what I can do to get my number of actions down below 1,000. It's going to be tough to trim out a third of my data.

What does Omni recommend for this sort of thing? I've already run the "Move Old Data to Archive" menu option. That helped but it's not enough. Should I move my someday/maybe lists out of the app and into something else? I hate to do that since OmniFocus' on hold capability is so good for that kind of thing.

Is a 320 KB database even going to be a problem? How much room do I have before the thing goes "Ka-boom"? I haven't noticed any significant problems so far.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dennis