View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyDude View Post
So, I read the whole tread but have a question in what I just quoted.

Why would you need to combine only a few of your contexts and print out? What came to mind was with DA's GTD that you look at your overall contexts list and just disregard the contexts you're not at....I can understand if you have a lot of context locations, but iono, i'd like to hear something about this. I'm not judging, i'm just curious as to how this could be a benefit.
The sidebar where contexts and projects are listed allows you to view just the subset you care about by building up a selection in the standard Mac fashion. Why look at the whole list when you can easily look at only the portion that is available? Rsailer@mac.com has just made some perspectives to automate that process. As for printing such a list, I imagine that is because he might want to reference and work the list while he's away from his computers. Seems like printing the Errands context and the Calls context might be an obvious combination -- make some calls while driving around doing errands. Perspectives are inexpensive, so I make and delete them liberally. I'll make one that just shows the projects I want to work on for the next few days, for example.