View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whalt
Show me one place in Apple's marketing where the iPhone is referred to as a "PDA" or a "PIM." Thier commercial says "there's never been an iPod that could do this, or this, or..." not there's never been a Palm or a Blackberry or even a smart phone that could do the demonstrated functionality none of which included organizer like functions, not even the built-in calendar. Get it straight, this is a CONSUMER device not a road-warrior utility belt meant to allow you to schedule conference rooms through your corporate email system. I'm not saying that features like note and to do list syncing aren't desirable and I'm sure they will be added, probably in October since both of these features seem to be undergoing serious revamping in Leopard, but they are definitely not what this device is being marketed for.

Not what you had in mind? Well luckily there's still a lot of other phones out there to choose from. I'm intrigued by the Apple TV but I know that my Tivo already does a lot more for me so I'm sticking with that. Different strokes, etc. Just because we're Apple fans doesn't mean we're required to collect the whole set.
Well, neither phone nor iPod are said to have built in calendars so your arguement goes out the window.

Tasks and Notes are very basic, but very needed and supported in almost ANY phone. So calling this one "revolutionary" when it doesn't do some of the most basic things, is a little much.

That being said, I have mine sitting on my desk as we speak and it is great.

It needs tasks and notes syncing, but it is great.

BZ