View Single Post
Hi all, any help would be appreciated. I have successfully synced OF 1.6.1 with OF v1.2.2 for iPhone before now but the syncing for me is always very unreliable and I have yet to figure out why sometime it works and sometimes it doesn't.
I am trying to sync OF iPhone using Bonjour, here is what (normally) happens;
I open OF preferences on my Macbook Pro, make sure Bonjour sync is selected and hit share settings. I then go to OF on my iPhone hit Settings and make sure Bonjour is selected as the sync method and click on "Get settings from Mac". When I do this sometimes (but not always!) my laptop shows up. I select it and hit sync and get the message "Unable to find sync server". So if I hit sync on the main OF sync button it syncs the database on my mac but not my iPhone.
In the past I have gotten sync to work by creating a network on my mac and connecting the iPhone to that and then repeating the above procedure.
(I did because my mac's wireless network would not show up on the iPhone) But at the moment even that is not working.
I realise it is probably something simple that is preventing the sync from working but I am pretty experienced at syncing/networking and wonder how it can be so hard just to do a sync. OF is a great app but at the moment the syncing is killing me. And I also can't help but wonder why OF doesn't make it possible to auto sync when docking the iPhone as per normal. Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.