View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
I don't pretend to speak for anyone else, but I think that it is more that people using the software take a lot of details in this software very seriously and have the potential to get upset about a lot of different things, and that the developers also took those concerns very seriously when doing the best job that they could.

In other words, I don't think that anyone would accuse them of being lazy or sloppy.
Oh I don't think either of them. I just wondered if maybe they've listened too much to a very vocal group of early adopters, rather than keeping in mind the wider range of needs of more "normal" users and/or newbies. Early adopters are by definition never newbies, as they've grown up with the software.

I know just how difficult it can be - I grew up with Pocket Informant on the Pocket PC, and really did struggle sometimes to see or even accept the views of newcomers. I wasn't alone either - there was a danger for a while of a clique forming that defended "that's how it's always been done" at all costs. Fortunately the developer AND some of us in the potential clique stopped it, but it took a real effort of will.