View Single Post
I sent this to Omni, but I wanted to give people here a heads up too. I managed to nuke my data when upgrading from 1.0.2 to the 1.1 sneakypeek.

When I started 1.1 for the first time a window popped up that said something like "Copy database from custom location to standard location?" with a note that the database now had to be in the "Application Support" folder. Even though I wasn't sure I had a custom location, I (stupidly) clicked OK. OF did it's thing, but then when it started up, I had no data. So I quit OF.

Fortunately, I'm using Time Machine (this is actually the first time I have used TM!) and restored my data from ~/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus. That's where OF had created a brand new data file, so apparently my data was in the right place all along! This time, when I started OF, I got a message about upgrading the database, and everything is OK now. So apparently OF 1.1 was confused about whether I had specified a custom location for my database or not.

So if you upgrade and you don't have good backups, be careful in responding to OF's dialogs unless you're sure you know what you're doing.