View Single Post
'Evening everyone,
Wanted to toss this line out there...

OK, so I do a REALLY good job at getting all my stuff into OF on the Mac (which later syncs with my iPhone and iPad). I feel like I know the ins and outs of the software very well, as I've been using it since v1.0. The structure I have is very organized (projects, tasks, folders, etc.)

Problem is, I've got SO MUCH stuff in there (440 projects with 6227 actions) that, well, I'm finding it hard to find a solution that makes it MANAGEABLE (which I feel is different from being 'organized.')

Sure, I can easily FIND a project, or a task. But I feel like every week, I'm going in, moving due dates (maybe I just shouldn't have those projects as having due dates, huh?) and I feel like I just lose grip of everything on my plate. Granted, those 440 projects are not all high priority, a lot can be put in a "Someday" folder...

Basically what kind of organization of all your stuff do you currently do to ensure you have the detail level AND the 5- or 10,000-foot level view of everything you have? Do you have a "This Week" folder? Do you put everything else in a "On Hold" status so you're only looking at what you want to work on for that week?

I will admit that my weekly review is not done the way David Allen suggests we should...maybe that's my problem. I feel like if I miss a review, in a two week period I've got some 150 overdue tasks that have to be redated. I always feel like there's a project that SHOULD be worked on this week that's nestled in with the other 100+ personal 'projects' I have...and I just don't have my finger on the pulse.

Suggestions? Tips? Organization Stories you can share?

Maybe I just need to read "Getting Things Done" again to gain a fresh perspective...

If you can let me know what works for you, I'd certainly appreciate it...

Thanks in advance,
Marc