View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
That's a reasonable thing to expect the clear button to do—it's what I'd expect it to do—but that's not actually what it has been doing since 1.7: in 1.7, the moment you change a view bar option you drop out of your perspective, and if you press Clear when you're not in a perspective (i.e., the only time Clear is available) it takes you to a default view for that view mode.
But in my usage, the clear button in OmniFocus 1.7 works almost the same as it did for me prior to 1.7. I have perspectives set up to give me specific views, and when I am using those perspectives I rarely, if ever, make changes in the view bar. I understand that, with 1.7, if I change something in the view bar and then check the clear button, I have dropped out of the perspective and into a default view.

However, my saved Projects and Contexts perspectives give me the same view as the default view for the view modes. It's in these two perspectives that I am most inclined to make temporary changes to the data displayed using the view bar. I realize that I am no longer in a perspective, but clicking on the clear button takes me back to an identical set of options as my saved perspective. The nice part of working this way is that the current focus, selection, etc. is not lost as would be the case if I just re-selected the perspective.

Thanks for the detailed explanation Ken. I had already reverted back to an older SP build, but I'll try changing the hidden default.