View Single Post
whpalmer4 and Arthaey - thanks for your comprehensive responses.

@whpalmer4
I agree with you it is a fool's game and about the reviews.

Maybe one real example from today. If you guys give me a tip how you would deal with that. Let's consider it is Wednesday for the points below.

a) I borrowed a DVD movie from my friend Alfredo few days ago. Alfredo has to ship it back on Friday. We agreed I will watch the movie on Wednesday and give it back on Thursday around 8PM after my classes.
(The movie is crucial for me to watch for our project (not a school project).

b) In my Single-Action List called "Urgent," I created an action "Movie for Alfredo" and two sub-actions: 1st "Write an email to Alfredo about the movie" [Context -> Mac: Email], 2nd "Give back the movie to Alfredo" [Driving: Errands]
(btw. I have context driving, with few sub-contexts, because when I will be driving, I just pull out the context Driving and I see if I have to buy something in Home Depot, HEB, etc.)

c) 1st action has the START date TODAY 12:00AM (my default), and DUE TODAY 5:00PM.
I know I will have some time during the day, also I know I will have time between 4:00PM-6.00PM when possibly I could make it.
I will be driving from campus to campus today and when I am at school, I cannot predict anything, so I just want to have it in my Forecast. Writing the email will take me 10-15 minutes.

d) 2nd action has START date THURSDAY 7:00PM, DUE THURSDAY 8:00PM.
Because it has DUE I will see it in Forecast. Because it has START I will see it as in a grey color in Forecast, but not in my the most use perspective on Mac.

QUESTIONS: This task qualifies for me to schedule it in iCal. But sometimes, very similar tasks (similar in the processing) do not qualify.
-How would you deal with a reminder(s) during the day for the 2nd action? Would you use them?
-How would you "fill the fields" in OmniFocus to synchronize 2nd task automatically with iCal?
(I have never used sync option with iCal and have problem to set it up).
Also, I would have hard time to choose the context for the 2nd action, because it requires me to Driving [context Driving : Errands] but I don't want to sync all this context. I have also context People : Meeting, however I don't want to place the 2nd action in that context.

I feel like reminder option will be really useful option, possibly in OF2.

Thanks.

Last edited by BrainInside; 2012-10-24 at 05:30 AM..