View Single Post
I'm a bit clueless about Quickentry and drag-and-drop, so I apologize if this is not really possible. But I know Quickentry is cool, I know that stuff can be dragged-and-dropped right onto the OF icon on the dock, and I've seen this procedure in action with Journler, so I'd really like to make it work. But so far, there are some challenges. Let me describe:

0. OF is already running.
1. Open a browser, go to cool website, drag-and-drop favicon onto OF icon on dock.
2. QuickEntry pops up with OF in the background. Great (so far).
3. Unfortunately, the focus is not on the QuickEntry window. How do I switch the focus to the QuickEntry window so I can complete the operation? (either via a setting, or a keyboard shortcut invoked right at this point in the process)
4. Unfortunately, the procedure has pasted TWO URLs into the task's note: (1) users/ssantra/Library/Application Support/OmniFocus/OmniFocus.ofocus, and (2) the URL from the website I was at. What's up with that?

So I'm wondering (a) how to shift focus automatically to QuickEntry so that I can close it, and (b) how NOT to have that file/path statement added to the note.

Any pointers anyone has to other topics re using drap-and-drop to dock icon and quick entry stuff also appreciated.

I'm also submitted a bug request, since I'm on sneakypeek.

Thanks!