View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvonk
Yes, that's what I do as well; however, GTD does not require all actions to be in projects. It's only those actions that are part of several others, making up some... project. I think we all understand this, but OF seems to be mainly project-focused at this point.
I'm not sure I agree with this assessment. I have plenty of single actions in my context lists, and work just fine out of them.

Ethan Schoonover, in one of his marvelous screencasts, said that the easiest way he found to use OmniFocus is to use the Project view for planning (figuring out what the next actions are, etc.) and the Context view for actually working out of.

If I understand the "canonical" GTD system correctly, the primary focus should be on your Next Actions and Next Action lists; that is the "horizontal view" he describes, where you see where you are in all of your projects so you can decide which NA to do, as opposed to looking the "vertical view" of the breadth of a single project (or group of projects) in Projects view.

(Of course, none of this should be construed as how you must use OF; I'm speculating on some of the design decisions that have been made.)