View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry
I brought this up a while ago.

Change Project Name

However, it seems difficult because this would be a major change now since everyone is used to having a view called Project.
I agree with Terry's observations in the post he links above. I've also brought this up:

Showing tasks with "No Project"

Specifically, I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Hoadley
Calling it "project view" is somewhat arbitrary---it could just as well be called "task view", and projects just happen to be the way we group sets of related tasks.
Just today I've hit another wall with singleton tasks: you can't search for them in Project View—they're completely invisible in this view. I don't want to get into another argument about whether this is somehow the canonical behaviour for something called "Project View", because as several of us have noted now, that's pretty much an arbitrary name for that view. In my opinion, at least, it's certainly unexpected behaviour from a general UI point of view. I can enter a singleton task via the Inbox while in Project View, but after cleanup, it becomes invisible and is unsearchable. It certainly caused some wasted time for me this afternoon—I ended up creating some duplicates of tasks I couldn't find, but which turned up later when I was in Context View.

Last edited by Paul Hoadley; 2007-07-11 at 11:57 PM.. Reason: Typo.