Thread: Database Size
View Single Post
Okay, that all sounds pretty reasonable. Here's what you should do to get a compaction to occur:

1. Launch OmniFocus on desktop and do a sync.
2. Launch OmniFocus on iPhone and do a sync.
3. Do something else for an hour.
4. Repeat 1 and 2.

If you don't have any other clients registered (see Dennis aka Toadling's post above), you should get a database compaction from the above.

Unfortunately, there's no way to get the new bits until they are ready for release -- Apple restricts developers to 100 test copies of an application, and they only allow clearing the list of recipients once per year (and each copy is assigned to a specific device). I think there are only 4 of us non-Omni alpha testers as a result of that (the rest are Omni employees). 3 of us have offered suggestions to you in this thread :-) My perception is that Ken is eager to get these bits out to the public just as soon as he can, judging from the very rapid turnaround I'm getting on the bugs I've reported. With a compacted database and your workflow in steady state, even with the old software you should see good performance with Bonjour syncs, I think.

By the way, what model iPhone do you have? I understand the new ones have quite a bit more processing power than the older ones.