View Single Post
I can't believe how cheap some people are. How much is your productivity worth to you? $20 is next to nothing for so valuable an app - that's like, less than half of one hour of my hourly rate, in return for months or years of increased productivity, countless hours saved for more important things (i.e. thousands of dollars I probably wouldn't have had otherwise). I spent half this much on just one meal yesterday, and that's long gone now.

I love free (and especially open source) software projects as much as the next guy, but this isn't one of them, and that's ok. And we're mostly all Mac users around here - I don't know about you, but I'm willing to pay a bit more than the average windows/linux user in return for all the great things I get from the Mac platform. Same goes here - if this is the best product of its kind, then I'm willing to pay a fair price for it, and like my Mac, it will go the distance in making my experience and the cost of entry worthwhile. If I had to pay less than about $15 for this app I think I might feel guilty. If it were over $20 it might cause me a little delay to think about it, but I'm sure I'd pay more if necessary (and hey, I'm glad I don't have to). When the best software for the job costs money, I am perfectly happy to pay for it - in fact I've bought programs such as Apple Logic Studio for over $500. That program lets me "get things done" in another area of my life, and so it's worth every penny.

Good work OmniFellas :D I look forward to getting an iPhone in the coming weeks and making my dream of streamlined ubiquitous capture come true :P I've been awaiting the new iPhone, app store, and OmniFocus for iPhone like a kid waiting for Christmas morning :D

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by keysplayer; 2008-07-10 at 12:04 PM..