View Single Post
I'm not sure I could point you at any place in the documentation where this particular bit of behavior is described -- I think I determined it empirically. A sense of adventure and a willingness to imagine yourself in the UI designer's shoes and think "this doesn't appear to work as I expect, how might it have been done differently, and why?" is useful. Also, when you have specific things that you found difficult or impossible to find in the documentation, by all means use Help->Send Feedback to convey that information to Omni. In my experience, they are eager to do what they can to make it easier for people to discover the behavior, which leads to fewer "easy" questions like this for them to deal with, allowing them to be more responsive with the "hard" questions where something isn't working as intended.

It often seems like there's practically 24x7 (volunteer) coverage on the forums, as well, so don't be shy about asking. I think many of us are here because we think it is great software and we want to help others take advantage of it to the degree we do!