View Single Post
I have workspaces organized into different categories and these sometimes change. For example, I have a "chat" workspace which is where all the forums I frequent reside (eg, this one.) It's also the one I use when chatting with people via AIM and they send me a link.

I also have a "research" workspace. I just created this one a few days ago as my "chat" one was getting overloaded. I basically use this one when I'm looking for something. Then I keep collections of stuff together in a window. For example, I'm always researching project management solutions. So I've got a window up with tons of different tabs with all sorts of related sites.

I also have workspaces devoted to my major clients. They typically have a web-based project management solution (since we build those for our larger clients), their site and other sites related to the work I'm doing with them. For example, if one is getting a new server for specific needs, I have different windows open for them with all the info about that server, and all of the software we'll need for that.

For another client I've got their web site up, the admin to their web site and many related web sites.

I've also got another workspace just for other work I'm doing.

Then there's the bill-paying workspace, where all the sites are for the people which collect money from me (eg, phone company, ISP...) Come bill paying time, I hit an F key and go at it.

I also have a workspace devoted to my own business stuff. And another that's just "stuff" which is a pile of windows that don't fit in another category.

How do I use them? Well, let's say I'm posting on this forum and a client calls and say "hey, what was that phone number for..." so then I hit F4, click, click and give them the answer. Or maybe I'm deep in code on one project, and the same thing happens, I just hit an F key, get the info, hit another F key and I'm back to where I was.

And, no, I have no workspace for pron.