View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by colicoid View Post
I must be invisible...
Sorry if you felt that way! I didn't comment on your earlier comment that parallel action groups aren't real subprojects because I agree completely that they're not.

We actually started out with real subprojects (having all the state and weight of projects) rather than groups of actions, but it ended up feeling fairly heavy and cluttered, as well as raising lots of UI questions about how things should be organized in planning mode. (For example, if you're grouping projects by due date, do you pull due subprojects out of their main project to present them? Do they show up again under their main project, so they now show up in two places? Do they appear in the sidebar?)

It also made it feel like yet more stuff you had to manage about your project structure, when we're trying to put the focus on doing actions rather than spending much time organizing them. (The less time a project or action exists in your plan, the better!)

I think I'd rather give a little more state (e.g. "dropped") to actions generally than to try to turn groups into mini-projects (which clutters up the project space, and still doesn't give you the ability to drop individual actions or place them on hold).

Last edited by Ken Case; 2008-06-03 at 11:40 PM..