View Single Post
In OmniGraffle 4.2.3 Pro, I have encountered a problem where otherwise very similar objects appear differently when printed. With the same attributes on each object only the topmost object's stroke is solid black when printed. The (supposedly) identical stroke on the other objects appears as very dark gray.

If I make one of the other object the topmost object, its stroke prints solid black and the others are are dark gray.

This is, of course, quite aggravating since all the object are supposed to have a solid black stroke. Furthermore, the dark gray is slightly fuzzy thanks to the halftone dots, so the printed document doesn't look as crisp as it should.

The problem only shows up when the file is printed to a real printer. Even exported as a PDF, the stroke appears solid black on the computer screen, but as soon as it is printed, again, only the topmost object has a solid black stroke.

I have tested with several printers, all true Postscript. I don't have any non-Postscript printers immediately available. I'm running OS X 10.5.8.

To demonstrate the problem I have created a very small OmniGraffle file that may be downloaded from:
http://pipct.net/temp/graynotblack.graffle

In the sample file the lower oval of the three ovals will print with a solid black stroke. The others will have a dark gray stroke. If you select a different oval and do Arrange --> Bring to Front, then that oval will print with a solid black stroke, and the other will be dark gray.

Any advice would be appreciated,
--
Fed Up With Adobe

Last edited by Fed Up With Adobe; 2009-09-13 at 03:26 AM..