View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
. . . . The only full solution I can come up with is getting approval to use my own personal machine at work and then dealing with running a virtual windows machine to interface to the rest of my co-workers.
You may want to try running a Windows Remote Desktop client on your Mac, and remotely control your Windows machine. This is less expensive than going the vm route, and should be what you try first. If that fails (or doesn't work well enough for your purposes), then try the vm approach.

I actually run my old XP desktop as a vm on my Vista work PC, and have done the same on my MacPro at home. Unfortunately, that particular vm doesn't run nearly as well on my first gen MBP (can't add sufficient RAM). I'm mentioning this in case you go the vm route - get 4GB of RAM in your system. Your experience may be different of course, but 2GB was not enough to run my vm well.

If my boss is ever forced to demand the removal of my Mac form the corporate network, I will switch to a 3G data service - as it works well in my cube with my Windows Mobile cell phone. We'll figure out a way to make my employer pay for the data plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewis View Post
iPhone sync would be a good step, but that still isn't as fluid as the OF/mac full experience.
And, IMO, it never can or will be. In the end, there is not substitute for being able to use the same Mac for your GTD and regular work system.