View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
As long as the project survived for a whole day, you could grab it back from the backups.
The approach I take is to pay attention when I use the delete key, and in general, immediately check that I've gotten the desired result whenever I do some manipulation of the projects or contexts panels. If not, Undo and try again! I also cranked up the backup frequency to twice a day, plus on quit.

I've got enough projects that I could easily miss the absence of one until the next time something happened that made me think of it, which could be weeks or months. Reviews will catch a project I have been ignoring, but only if the project is still there to be reviewed! It would be tedious to search through a few months of backups to find the only appearance of a deleted project, though less so if the project had been around for a while (you could do a binary search for the latter). I wonder how many new users are even aware of the backup scheme, and comfortable using it to restore something?

There IS some precedent for a warning on deletion of a project. If you delete a folder containing hidden projects (because you're viewing Active Projects and there's a project On Hold, for example) you'll get a popup that cautions you about the unseen potential consequences. That's a pretty uncommon case, I think, and I welcome the warning there. A warning about the deletion of a project in the usual fashion should be optional, though personally I'd probably leave it on.