View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
I can't speak to the reasons why OmniFocus works the way that it does, but it's safe to say that characterizing motives here doesn't actually help your cause.
Hi Brian. Point taken, and I’m sorry that’s how my comments came over to you. I’ve always made it clear what an admirer I am of Omni and its products (I use most of them) and, if you go to Version Tracker, you’ll find that I wrote the most enthusiastic early review for OF as well as recommending in the entry for a certain other app that its frustrated users emigrate to OF forthwith. However, as you know there’s been a very long discussion of multiple contexts on the forum and the truth is that the only argument against the idea has been the one I mention: that a single context is best GTD practice and that we should all therefore learn to be satisfied with it. There hasn’t been much participation by the Omni folks themselves in the discussion, but to the best of my recollection, this was the true of them too. Apologies if I’m misrepresenting you and I know that you have many feature suggestions to consider and juggle. But this one is widely desired, so it would be good to know if there is a chance of it being considered in the future or whether you truly do rule it out on conceptual grounds.

Last edited by mcoad; 2008-04-21 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Correct typo