View Single Post
Just select the Folders, you don't need to select every subordinate or contained project.

If it's a common occurrence that you are moving folders and projects into other folders and projects, I'd probably take that as a sign I'm not organizing them effectively.

I have a few top level folders:

Inbox & Reading List
- Writing
- Self-Improvement (it's a huge "area of focus" ;))
- Consulting, memberships, professional interests, and volunteering
- Employer's Folder

Each has folders and projects underneath them. I don't think I've ever moved something from Employer to another box or vice-versa. The only exception is things in the Inbox I guess, but that doesn't matter since eventually it will get into an Employer project or some other project and show up in my perspectives.

I prefer this to an Exclusion method because a) there is no exclusion method and b) I have perspectives that do this:

1) Focus on Employer and Misc folders
2) Show me the following contexts:
- @computing
- @computing/EmployerNet (this is also satisfied by VPN)
- @agendas/Employer/* (colleagues)
- @sortie (my "leaving" context -- things to take with me in the morning or when I leave)
- @errands/Employer/* (errands I can run near Employer at lunch or if I need a break)
- @R&D (research work)
- @Waiting (actually useful since I limit to my Employer folder and Misc folder)

Just picking a folder in the wharf area instead of individual sub-folders and projects is the best way to do it, imo.

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch