View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbyler View Post
I finally made the switch from kGTD to OmniFocus, and although I love the new functionality, I find I can't trust the system yet. Of course mistakes are forgivable for an alpha product, but I've entered several items using Quick Entry that just disappear.
I'm sorry that you've lost items. In two months of using the sneaky peak, I've never had items from QuickEntry "just disappear".

You may be running into a problem with the default settings. By default, items entered in QE with a context or a project (or both) do not go to the inbox. Instead, they are filed away according to the context or project.

Auto-filing might be OK for items with both a context and project, but if they just have one or the other things can go wrong. Items with a context and no project won't show up in the project view. They only show up in the context view. Conversely, items with a project and no context never show up in context view and can block subsequent actions on the project.

You can force all QE items to go to the inbox by entering the following command in Terminal:
Code:
defaults write com.omnigroup.OmniFocus QuickEntryItemsGoToInbox -bool true
I personally think this should be the default setting, with a preference for auto-filing. I've submitted that opinion as formal feedback. If you concur, please do the same.

(As to the subject of the thread. I like Growl too, but would probably not use Growl notification for new OF inbox items.)

Curt