View Single Post
This is all so exciting!! I've had an iPhone since June 29 last year and when I forget it (or it's out of power and I have no way to charge it), I feel like I'm missing a limb!

I'm always amazed at the power built into Mac OS X and not surprised to hear that we all have WebDAV servers at our fingertips. Just a clarification to a much earlier post: the Mac does NOT have a registry! It doesn't have one, it never has and it never will. As someone who develops software on Windows all day and goes home to my dear Mac, hearing "Mac registry" is like fingernails on a chalkboard. Fiddling with your Mac OS is not likely to do much harm and any resultant oddities are usually fixable by the local Apple Genius. Windows, on the other hand, can be rendered totally inoperable by looking at it the wrong way--largely because of the aforementioned registry.

Sorry, that was long, but it is an emotional subject and I just HAD to get it off my chest.

As for Apple's secrecy... It's like someone telling you you're getting a birthday present, and it'll be insanely great and you will love it, but they only drop hints about what it is. Just wait for your birthday...

I have to admit that when I got my iPhone there were all sorts of little features that I didn't know it would have. I think I spent the first month digging through all the built-in apps and squealing with delight when I found tiny little dollops of excellent design. (I still love entering dates in my Calendar on the phone just so I can spin the little wheels.)