View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
jwn2, for now the Bonjour service is only available when both the server and the client (phone or a second computer) are on the same local network segment. So you should be able to sync fine by your home computer (I'm assuming that's the Bonjour master), but not by your work computer. That may change in the future.

If that's not what you're describing, I may be misinterpreting your question.
Perhaps because I wasn't particularly clear. :)

We're talking about the same computer and iPhone, here. Only the network has changed.

It looks like this story has a sad ending (at least for me). Your reply reminded me I hadn't checked the IP addresses. At the moment I have a Powerbook, my MPB, and my iPhone in the office simultaneously.

<sigh>

For our wireless lan, the netmask is 255.255.240.0. For the PB, MBP, and iPhone the router/addresses are: 10.72.64.1/10.72.77.113, 10.72.32.1/10.72.35.199; 10.72.16.1/10.72.25.44. So Bonjour is cooked. I tried hacking the address of the iPhone. I could get it to share the router with the MPB, but they were still on different subnets.

I supposed this must make sense to our networking people. Perhaps they can explain it to me.

<sigh>