View Single Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Calm down, they made a considered decision (which I don't particularly like either) on how to improve the product. There's no evidence they woke up one morning and said "hey, let's really screw up Bill and Chucky's workflows!"
They made a "considered" decision to remove core functionality for no good reason. Including a check-box in the Perspectives Window wouldn't have impeded their larger design decisions on how to "improve the product". Including an app-wide default (even a hidden default) wouldn't have impeded their larger design decisions on how to "improve the product".

And, of course, I can't stay with v1.6 once I upgrade to snow leopard, which I was planning on doing this weekend. You'd think they could have released a snow leopard compatible version that doesn't piss all over their established base.

Hell, yes, I'm angry.

-----

The thing that really amazed me is that when I poked through the forums to find the (non-existent) trick to allow normal functionality back, I ran across a post from Ken Case saying that the open window in a new perspective option would be added back in the release version of v1.7. That post is from over a month ago. Four OF releases have happened since that post.

This obviously isn't something that interests the folks at OmniGroup.

It's a known issue that they've said they were going to fix more than a month ago. It's something that would take one or two man-hours of work to fix. But yet they're not fixing it.

I think anger is a more appropriate response than calming down.