View Single Post
So, my Mac is a little slow. This causes some issues with Omnifocus, that I wanted to ask about:

- Is there a way to keep OmniFocus from launching with the set of windows that were up when it shut down? In a day of using OmniFocus, I may open several windows, and I tend not to close them. Each one takes several seconds to open, and that's fine when I'm opening one window at a time.

However, if I quit with all those windows open, and then reopen, I may have to wait a minute or more for Omnifocus to finish launching. I'd be happier if it just opened to some single default perspective, and "forgot" all the other windows.

- When Omnifocus is busy, it appears to be impossible to bring it forward. So if I launch Omnifocus, then go to look at a web page because I know it will take a minute, then click on Omnifocus in my tool bar, Omnifocus won't come up, presumably because it doesn't have any spare cycles to bring itself forward(?). But this means that I can't go back to Omnifocus and watch it until it finishes - instead, I have to keep clicking on it to see if it's finshed.

- I know that when I'm viewing some tasks, I can double-click on a task to open a new window, focused on that task's project. However, this happens slowly enough that I sometimes wonder if I double-clicked, and I double-click again, and there I go opening more windows. Is there any more explicit way to open this focused window, such as an alt-click-popdown menu or a menu item?

Gardener