View Single Post
That sounds great for 1.0, Michelle-- thanks for the info!

For much later on, in a future release, it sure would be nice to have the app make a distinction between "on hold" and "someday/maybe". "On Hold", to me, is a project that I started but then had to stop working on-- like, say, a bathroom remodel that you started but then you ran out of money, and you have to save up some more money before you can finish it. (Not that that's ever happened to me, or anything. Heh.)

Whereas "Someday/Maybe" is just that-- a kind of "brain dump" list where you put a bunch of possibilities, and then glance through them during your Weekly Review to see if there are any you want to start working on as Active Projects. Items like "learn Italian" and "plant a vegetable garden" are the kinds of things that reside on my Someday/Maybe list.

It's really no big deal, I guess, to keep this huge running list in a separate place. Currently mine is in an Excel spreadsheet-- I use one tab for my Active projects and another tab for Someday/Maybe stuff, so it's super easy to move an item from one tab to the other.

But it would be so lovely and elegant to have that same huge running list stored right in in OF (with the ability to use that fabulous Quick Entry window to add stuff to it on the fly), and then during your weekly review, select something from the list and convert it to an Active Project with a click or a keystroke. Since the Someday/Maybe list is such a key part of GTD, in the sense that it helps you capture all your ideas and then review them periodically to make sure you're working on the things you want to be working on, it would be awesome if OF could eventually support it as its own "category".

Again, though, these are thoughts for a future release... I'm still drooling over OF just as it's shown in Ethan's video! :)